Eden Hazard has suffered a knock and is expected to return to training for Belgium after limping out of their behind-closed-doors session on Friday, coach Marc Wilmots said. (Euro 2016 – Full Coverage) Hazard, who will captain Belgium at the European Championship, left the pitch after 50 minutes after having his foot stood on during a practice match.”I don’t think it is serious, just a knock,” Wilmots told reporters after the match between the expected starting XI and the reserves ahead of Belgium’s opening match at the tournament against Italy in Lyon on Monday.Wilmots said all players were fit, including defender Thomas Vermaelen, who had been doubtful earlier in the week.”Thomas has done well in training over the last days and is completely ready for the battle. He has no more problems,” Wilmots said.
Tag Archiv: 419SH龙凤
A day after the fifth anniversary of the Nirbhaya incident, Delhi Police organised a half-marathon in the heart of the city on Sunday on the theme of women’s safety, called “Run for Laadli”.The event was organised with the support of an NGO and inaugurated by Union Home minister Rajnath Singh. The 21-km half-marathon started from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and ended at Central Park in CP via India gate and Rajpath.”The event has been organised with the aim to involve and inspire people to come out as saviours and raise their voices in favour of females as well as gender equality,” Singh said.More than 15,000 participants from all sections of society, including sports personalities, athletes, schoolchildren and some 2,500-odd Delhi Police personnel participated in the run.Police officials also imparted self-defence training for women and schoolchildren to fight against crimes.”We have taken several initiatives such as Sashakti, Parivartan, public facilitation desks, women PCR vans, Anti-Obscene Cell, Himmat app and women helpline desks to strengthen women’s safety in Delhi. As a result, there has been a considerable drop in crime against women in 2017 as compared to 2016,” said CP Amulya Patnaik.
MELBOURNE, Australia — Serena Williams won her 19th Grand Slam title, continued her unbeaten run in six Australian Open finals and extended her decade-long domination of Maria Sharapova with a 6-3, 7-6 (5) win on Jan. 31.After celebrating prematurely on her third match point, letting her racket go after serving what she thought was an ace but learning that it was a let, top-ranked Williams took a deep breath and fired another ace — her 15th of the set and 18th of the match — to seal it.This time, the celebration was real. She jumped around like a little child, bouncing up and down, before shaking hands with Sharapova at the net.“Growing up I wasn’t the richest but I had a rich family in spirit and support and you know standing here with 19 championships is something I never thought would happen,” Williams said. “I went on the courts with just a ball, and a racket and a hope, that’s all I had.“I’m so honored to be here tonight and to hold this 19th trophy @ my favorite stadium.”Williams, coughing frequently and still affected by a recent cold, controlled the first set around a rain delay in the sixth game, when the match was stopped for 13 minutes for the roof to be closed. Williams came back on court momentarily near the end of the break, but returned to the locker room with a hacking cough. She later said she had vomited before returning to Rod Laver Arena to continue.It didn’t show. She came back from the break and fired an ace to start a run of six straight points. She was broken while serving for the set but broke Sharapova for a third time to clinch it.The 33-year-old Williams, the oldest winner of the Australian women’s title in the Open era, won the first six points of the second set and seemed on course for another lopsided victory before Sharapova hit back to set up a dramatic second set.Sharapova saved two match points, including one in the 10th game when she bravely hit a forehand winner down the line — applauded by Williams. She twice held serve to stay in the match.The No. 2-ranked Sharapova forced a tiebreaker and then took the first point off Williams when she leaped into a service return down the line.But Williams rallied again and relied on her serve to keep the points short, missing a second set point when Sharapova hit a winning service return.Williams didn’t relent, though, and secured the title that lifted her above Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova, who had 18 Grand Slam singles titles.Williams has now won 16 in a row and is 17-2 in career matches against five-time major winner Sharapova, who hasn’t won a head-to-head meeting since 2004.Two of Williams’ six Australian titles have come with straights-set wins in the final against Sharapova, the first in 2007. For 2008 champion Sharapova, it was a third loss in a final at Melbourne Park.“I haven’t beaten her in a long time but I love every time I step on the court with her,” said Sharapova, who had to save two match points in the second round. “I’ve had some of the best memories of my career on this court and also some of my toughest losses, but that’s the life of a tennis player.”(JOHN PYE, AP Sports Writer)TweetPinShare0 Shares
On Thursday night, the head coach of the U.S. men’s national soccer team, Jurgen Klinsmann, decided he would not be taking Landon Donovan to the 2014 World Cup. Given that Donovan is one of the most decorated and long-standing soccer players in U.S. history, the news came as a shock to many American soccer fans.But for those who follow the sport closely, Donovan’s omission from the roster wasn’t so surprising. Klinsmann and Donovan got off to a rocky start in 2011, when Klinsmann first took the head coaching job and Donovan decided to take a break from soccer. Since then, Donovan has been working to get back into Klinsmann’s player pool, but nagging injuries sidelined him for much of 2013. At age 32, Donovan appeared to have lost some of his pace and ability to finish. Since scoring Oct. 6 of last year, he has taken 32 shots with the LA Galaxy and men’s national team, but he hasn’t scored a goal.Similarly, over the past three years, all of Donovan’s offensive statistics have been declining: goals, assists, expected goals and passing expected assists. (ESPN TruMedia does not have data available before the 2012 Major League Soccer season for these statistics. Passing expected assists are a measure of how many goals we’d expect his passes to generate based on where players received the ball and other context.) Donovan’s most recent performance makes a clear case against sending him to the World Cup.Klinsmann’s detractors are probably clinging to the memory of Donovan’s storied stoppage-time finish against Algeria at the 2010 World Cup, which sent the U.S. out of the group stage. No U.S. player has performed as well as Donovan in the past three World Cups in terms of goals scored (five), and he improved his ability to create scoring chances, complete passes and assists in each subsequent World Cup he played in.No longer finishing goals himself, the best reason to include Donovan on the squad in Brazil is probably his ability to create scoring chances for other people. Since the start of 2013, Donovan created 36 scoring chances in 12 games for the men’s national team — 15 more than any player going to Brazil.But four years is a long time, and a lot has changed for Donovan and soccer in the U.S. People expect something of the men’s national team this summer; simply qualifying for the tournament is no longer a point of pride. In previous World Cups, coaches might have taken a player along for his leadership qualities or experience, but Klinsmann has made it clear that a 32-year-old in bad form is not worth any amount of intangible qualities.It will be difficult to know whether Klinsmann made the right decision until June 26, when the U.S. finishes the group stage of the tournament. Because of Donovan’s name recognition and fan following, his absence might hurt World Cup viewership in the U.S. But the fact that the men’s national team is finally bigger than one player is great news for soccer in America.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS, NOVEMBER 7, 2013 – Food handlers are being warned by health officials on the heels of reports that there is an increase in diarrhea and vomiting cases in the islands. With the festive season approaching the numbers of social events are increasing and health officials are therefore, advising the public to practice proper hygiene when preparing and partaking of food. Some of the advised practices are: washing hands properly before eating, separate raw and cooked foods, store food at the correct temperatures and wash fruits and vegetables before eating them. Officials are asking that you visit your Health Care provider if you experience sickness. Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp