Tag Archiv: 夜上海论坛NP

Spafford Adds Soule Monde, Southern Avenue, Hayley Jane, And More To Fall Tour

first_imgArizona four-piece Spafford is coming in hot with a 39-date Fall tour, starting September 27 in Charlottesville, VA and ending back home in Flagstaff on November 18. Each club date will feature two full sets from Spafford, with opening support from some of their rising companions. Along for the ride are Soule Monde (Ray Paczkowski & Russ Lawton from Trey Band), Southern Avenue, Hayley Jane and the Primates, Space Bacon, Voodoo Visionary, Lesser Bangs, Shaky Feelin’, Tiny Massive, and Red Rose.Spafford Shares New All-Improv Release, “Abaculus: An Improvisational Experience” [Stream]Spafford have been cutting their teeth on coast-to-coast tours for the better part of the last year, headlining venues across the country and supporting heavyweights such as Umphrey’s McGee. Their biggest tour yet will include two nights at Asheville Music Hall in Asheville, North Carolina, two nights in Denver, Colorado (including a special VIP-only performance), their first headline play at Brooklyn Bowl in Brooklyn, New York, an appearance at Suwanee Hulaween in Live Oak, Florida, among many other exciting stops.In partnership with CID Entertainment, Spafford is offering their fans an “All In” VIP Experience to those catching their Colorado shows. This limited-run ticket includes admission to the Ogden Theatre on Thursday 11/9, alongside an intimate private VIP-only performance at the new Globe Hall in Denver on Saturday, 11/11. The “All In” VIP Experience also features a Meet & Greet/Photo Opportunity with Spafford, access to the Ogden Theatre soundcheck on 11/9, a limited edition event poster signed by the band, one exclusive Spafford merchandise gift, a high-quality download of soundboard audio from each night, and on-site concert hosts.Spafford is a four-piece funk rock group hailing from Phoenix, AZ, comprised of Jordan Fairless (Bass/Vocals), Red Johnson (Keys/Vocals), Brian Moss (Guitar/Vocals) and Cameron Laforest (Drums/Vocals). Head to the band’s website for ticket information.[Cover photo via Phierce Photo by Keith G. (Instagram: @PhiercePhoto)]last_img read more

Trump to resume campaign rallies, but 2nd presidential debate scrapped

first_imgUS President Donald Trump said Friday that he will return to the campaign trail as he has recovered from the coronavirus, but next week’s debate with Democratic challenger Joe Biden has been canceled after he refused to take part in the proposed virtual format.”Will be in Sanford, Florida on Monday for a very BIG RALLY!” the 74-year-old Republican president tweeted, as he struggles to turn around the dimming prospects of the Nov. 3 presidential election.Biden, the 77-year-old former vice president, has seen his lead over Trump widen to a double-digit margin in some national polls, following last week’s first presidential debate, which saw Trump continually interrupt and personally attack his rival, and news that the president tested positive for the virus. Even though Trump has emphasized he has recovered from COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the virus, the Commission on Presidential Debates said Thursday that the second presidential debate scheduled a week later would go virtual.The president refused to participate in such a debate, calling it “ridiculous” and that “they cut you off whenever they want.”Both Trump and Biden campaigns had come up with alternate plans, but they failed to bridge their differences.”It is now apparent there will be no debate on Oct. 15,” the commission said in a statement issued on Friday, adding that it “will turn its attention to preparations for the final presidential debate scheduled for Oct. 22.”The final debate will take place at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee.The Trump campaign criticized the commission saying “there is no medical reason” to stop the Thursday debate in Florida from proceeding as scheduled, since the president will be “healthy and ready to debate.” It also proposed having a one-on-one debate “without the commission’s interference.”The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says on its website that a person who has COVID-19 should isolate for at least 10 days, or up to 20 days for those who are struck down with a severe case.Trump’s physician Sean Conley said Thursday that he fully anticipated the president’s “safe return to public engagements” on Saturday, saying it will be “day 10” since the diagnosis of his infection.Topics : Trump said in an interview on Fox News that was aired Friday evening that he feels “really good” and “very strong,” and that he is now “medication-free.”Asked whether he has been tested for the virus, he said, “I haven’t even found out numbers or anything yet but I’ve been retested and I know I’m at either the bottom of the scale or free.”Trump will also host on Saturday his first in-person event at the White House since testing positive for the highly contagious virus, with US media reporting he will address the crowd from the balcony.Trump will deliver his “law and order” message, which he has used to appeal to voters concerned over the racial unrest that has turned violent in some cities in the country, according to the White House.last_img read more

Arsenal transfer on brink of collapse as ‘disappointed’ Pablo Mari heads back to Brazil

first_imgMari has headed back home to Brazil (Picture: Getty)After landing in London at the weekend, Mari was clearly confident that Arsenal would wrap up the move as he spoke to reporters at Heathrow airport.Asked whether he was excited to sign for Arsenal, Mari replied: ‘Yeah, of course!’It’s believed Mari even said his goodbyes to Flamengo players and coaching staff ahead of his medical at Arsenal’s London Colney training base.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityMari was on Manchester City’s books from 2016 to 2019 but never made an appearance for the Premier League champions, heading out on loan to Girona, NAC and Deportivo La Coruna during that time.Liverpool came up against Mari when facing Flamengo in the Club World Cup final last month.MORE: Jose Mourinho quoted Kobe Bryant during his opening press conference at Tottenham Comment Metro Sport ReporterMonday 27 Jan 2020 11:18 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link3.6kShares Advertisement Pablo Mari underwent a medical with Arsenal at the weekend (Picture: Getty)Arsenal’s move for Pablo Mari is reportedly in serious jeopardy after the defender headed back to Brazil despite undergoing a medical with the Premier League giants.Mikel Arteta has been keen to add a centre-back to his squad following Calum Chambers’ season-ending knee injury and Mari was identified as the club’s most realistic target this January.Technical director Edu reached an agreement with Flamengo for Mari last week and the 26-year-old caught a flight to Heathrow on Saturday. An official announcement over Mari’s arrival was expected in the coming days.It’s understood the Gunners had a deal in place to sign Mari on loan with a view to a permanent £7.5million move at the end of the season.ADVERTISEMENT Arsenal v Bournemouth: Mikel Arteta preview press conferenceTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 6:01FullscreenArsenal v Bournemouth: Mikel Arteta preview press conferencehttps://metro.co.uk/video/arsenal-v-bournemouth-mikel-arteta-preview-press-conference-2095088/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.However, according to The Daily Mail, discussions have broken down and Arsenal’s deal for the Spaniard is now on the brink of collapsing.AdvertisementAdvertisementThe report claims a ‘disappointed’ Mari has since made his way back home to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with just five days remaining of the January transfer window.Arsenal have not given up hope of landing Mari, though, and talks are expected to pick up again, with the north London club desperate for defensive reinforcements before Friday’s transfer deadline. Arsenal transfer on brink of collapse as ‘disappointed’ Pablo Mari heads back to Brazil Advertisementlast_img read more

Friday March 20th Local Sports

first_imgMASON CITY — With sporting events being shut down due to the COVID-19 crisis, we will be bringing you some classic broadcasts on KGLO starting tonight. Here’s our schedule for the next couple of days: Friday March 20 — NIACC men’s basketball — 1995 national championship game vs. Grand Rapids CC — 7:00 PMSaturday March 21 — Iowa men’s basketball — vs. Temple, 2016 NCAA First Round —- 12:00 PMSaturday March 21 — Minnesota Twins — 1965 All-Star Game at Metropolitan Stadium — 1:00 PMSunday March 22 — Minnesota Twins — 1965 World Series vs. Los Angeles Dodgers — Game 1 — 1:00 PMMonday March 23 — Minnesota Twins — 1965 World Series vs. Los Angeles Dodgers — Game 2 — 7:00 PMTuesday March 24 — Minnesota Twins — 1987 World Series vs. St. Louis Cardinals — Game 2 — 7:00 PM IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa men’s basketball junior Luka Garza has been named the National Player of the Year in college basketball by the publication Basketball Times on Thursday.Basketball Times becomes the sixth major news outlet to name Garza national player of the year: Sporting News, Basketball Times, Stadium, The Athletic, Bleacher Report, and ESPN. Garza is the first player in Iowa history to earn national player of the year distinction.In addition to being named a first-team All-American by every major news outlet so far, Garza was voted the USBWA District VI Player of the Year and Big Ten Men’s Basketball Player of the Year.The Washington, D.C., native is also a finalist for five national awards: Naismith Trophy, Oscar Robertson Trophy, Wooden Award, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award, and the Lute Olson Award.center_img IOWA CITY, Iowa — University of Iowa women’s basketball senior Kathleen Doyle has been named an AP Third Team All-American, the Associated Press announced Thursday.Doyle is one of seven Hawkeyes to earn AP All-America distinction. Four Hawkeyes have been named honorable mentions, while Doyle and Sam Logic earned third team recognition and Megan Gustafson was named to the first team.The LaGrange Park, Illinois, native finished the season ranking in the top-50 nationally in five statistical categories, including sixth in the nation in total assists (189), seventh in assists per game (6.3), 19th in free throws made (147), 37th in total points (544), and 49th in points per game (18last_img read more

Ex-Chelsea star declares Hazard will be world’s best after Messi and Ronaldo era

first_imgHazard bagged a wondergoal which gave the Blues a 2-1 win at Anfield on Wednesday night, and his start to the new season under Maurizio Sarri has prompted an outpouring of praise from across the football world.“I said when he signed for Chelsea, if he stays there for ten years, he’ll probably end up being the greatest player that Chelsea’s [ever had],” Cole stated.“He’s the best footballer I’ve ever played with, I think he’s a genius.“When he was a young lad at Lille I spent a season in France which I thoroughly enjoyed and it was mainly because I was playing next to Eden.” 2 Joe Cole turned out for Chelsea from 2003-2010, but then moved to Liverpool for the following three years, one of which was spent out on loan at Lille.“I think he was 19 at the time and there was a lot of talk about this talented young player,” the Englishman continued.“Every club’s got a talented young player, but first game I was on the bench, I came on and he scored two goals.“I knew how good he would be and I’m just so pleased that he’s doing it.“Once the Messi and Ronaldo era finishes I think he’s the best of the rest. The best in the world.” Hazard scored a late winner as Chelsea knocked Liverpool out of the League Cup 2center_img Joe Cole has told talkSPORT that he believes his former teammate Eden Hazard will soon be the world’s best player.The 36-year-old, who is now playing out in America with the Tampa Bay Rowdies, joined the Sports Bar to discuss Saturday’s Premier League meeting between his old clubs Chelsea and Liverpool, however attention quickly turned to the man who settled their League Cup tie earlier this week. Joe Cole made his mark during his seven-year spell at Chelsea Getty last_img read more