Tag Archiv: 上海千花网论坛官网看花品茶

Supply robbery convict denies $3.7M theft

first_imgThirty-year-old taxi driver Steve Hercules from Sisters Village, West Bank Demerara (WBD) on Wednesday denied a $3.7 million theft charge, just one day after he pled guilty to ammunition and false licence plate possession charges. Hercules was one of six men, who were reportedly found with a quantity of firearms and ammunition while travelling in a stolen car, moments after allegedly attempting to commit a robbery last Tuesday on poultry farmer Michael Chang Yuen at Supply, East Bank Demerara (EBD).Steve Hercules and his alleged accomplices were shielding themselves from public view at the Providence Magistrate’s Court earlier this weekHe took the rap and was sentenced to eight years imprisonment and fined $800,000 for the illegal firearm, ammo and false licence plate charges. However, he was taken before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan on even more charges on Wednesday but denied that on March 25, 2018, at Princes Street, Lodge, he stole Shawn Liverpool’s motor car along with cash and other items amounting to $3.7 million.Police said Hercules carried out the brazen attack while being armed with a gun. Hercules who was unrepresented at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts will make his next court appearance on April 30. Meanwhile, his alleged accomplices in the Supply robbery case will next appear at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts on May 10.They are Mark Prince, a taxi driver of La Parfaite Harmonie, WBD; Leonard Khan, an Albouystown, Georgetown fish vendor; Marvin Blackman, a fish vendor of South Ruimveldt, Georgetown; Nabadingi Gobin, of Georgetown; and Edward Skeete of Albouystown. Gobin and Skeete were earlier this year released from a murder charge after a High Court Judge upheld a no-case submission.At Tuesday’s court appearance, the men, with the exception of Hercules, all denied the 10 charges that were read to them. The Prosecution’s case contends that on April 10, 2018, while being in the vicinity of Grove, EBD, they had in their possession six live .32 ammunition, eleven 9mm ammunition, two 9mm black pistols, and a .32 black Taurus pistol.Another charge stated that the men attempted to commit a felony on April 10.Hercules was additionally charged with fraudulent conversion of a vehicle’s identification mark. It was alleged that on April 10, 2018, at Grove, East Bank Demerara, he changed the identification plates of a grey Premio motorcar registered as PVV 6204 to HC 4543. Hercules however denied this charge. In fact, he told the court that a customer of his offered him $50,000 to transport the vehicle on April 10, 2018, to Georgetown from Soesdyke. Hercules said prior to him delivering the vehicle; he was told of the contents therein but still agreed to perform the duty. He further explained that on his way to the city, he collected the five men. The men, he argued, did not know about the gun and ammunition.last_img read more

Mourinho brings up Conte match-fixing allegations

first_img0Shares0000Manchester United’s manager Jose Mourinho allowed fringe players to leave the club to pursue regular first-team football elsewhereLONDON, United Kingdom, Jan 6 – Jose Mourinho’s war of words with Antonio Conte has escalated further after the Manchester United boss brought up the Chelsea manager’s connection to a match-fixing scandal.The dispute began on Thursday when Mourinho said he did not need to behave like “a clown” on the touchline – an apparent reference to Conte’s antics during games. Conte responded on Friday afternoon by questioning whether Mourinho was suffering from senile dementia.But the spat went one step further after Man United’s FA Cup win over Derby, when Mourinho brought up an incident of attempted match-fixing during Conte’s spell in charge of Italian side Siena in 2011.Conte served a four-match ban in 2012, before he was acquitted of any wrongdoing in 2016, prior to taking charge at Chelsea.“The only thing I want to say to end the story is yes, I made mistakes in the past on the touchline. Yes, I will make less but I think I will still make a few,” said Mourinho.“What never happened to me and will never happen to me is to be suspended for match-fixing, that never happened to me and will never happen.”When asked about Conte’s remarks, Mourinho had initially absolved the Italian of any blame and pointed the finger at the media for escalating the fall-out.He said: “I don’t blame him. Honestly. I don’t blame him, I think the press should apologise to me and him.“Because the question that comes to him is completely wrong and because of that he had that out-of-control reaction. But I don’t blame him at all.“I was asked about my passion and you know I was speaking about myself and then the question to the Chelsea manager was that I said he behaved like a clown. Probably the journalist wanted to say that but didn’t have the courage so he said, ‘Mourinho said you behaved like a clown’.“I don’t blame the Chelsea manager at all and I understand his reaction. I was speaking about myself saying I don’t need to behave like a clown to show passion.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Amarinder announces development schemes for Amritsar

first_imgAmritsar, Aug 14 (PTI) Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh today announced a number of welfare and development schemes for Amritsar, including a Rs 3,000 crore World Bank aided project to establish a surface water-based drinking supply system in the city.The surface water scheme will replace the existing ground water-based drinking water supply scheme, which addresses a serious concern of the region, which is facing severe depletion of the ground water and cases of vector borne diseases.Addressing a press conference here, the chief minister also announced several new development projects, worth Rs 556.90 crore for Amritsar.Amarinder announced the establishment of a directorate of fire services at state level in in the city, along with 50 percent reservation for women in Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).Another key decision of the government relates to provision of free homes for homeless people and subsidised houses for economically weaker section under the Shehri Awas Yojana.The chief minister announced devolution of proprietary rights to old tenants on residential and commercial properties of municipal bodies, besides one-time settlement of old arrears of water and sewerage bills, and property/house tax.Amarinder said as part of his governments decision to place greater emphasis on e-governance in the delivery of urban civic services, most of such services in Amritsar would soon be available through mobile applications.Other new developmental projects worth Rs 110 crore were announced in the press conference also.These include construction of a 2-lane road from NH-54 to Amritsar-Bhikhiwind-Khem Karan Road (village Bohru) at a cost of Rs 22 crore, besides Mata Ganga Ji Marg connecting Amritsar-Jhabhal Road to Gurdwara Baba Budha Ji at an expenditure of Rs 26 crore.advertisementAmarinder further told media persons that construction of road-over bridge (ROB) at level crossing on Amritsar-Mehta Road at Vallah would be undertaken at a cost of Rs 32 crore, in addition to a Rs 30 crore project for ROB/RUB at level crossing on Amritsar Attari Railway line crossing from Putligar Chowk towards Pakistan.He said a Rs 171.90 crore Amritsar city development plan will consist of construction of ROB/under bridge at Jaura railway crossing, construction of a flyover from Batala Road HP petrol pump to Majitha Road at 4S Chowk among other projects.A unified tourism information and facilitation centre would be set up for promotion of tourism in the city and multipurpose sports and recreation facility on a land of 26 acres will also be set up.Public toilets and 17 places, beautification works around the Sri Durgiana temple and construction of slip roads and redesigning of congested roundabouts were other works announced by the chief minister. PTI COR CHS ASVlast_img read more