News The blogger Asmaa Mahfouz was charged with inciting violence, disturbing public order, spreading false information and defaming the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces in messages posted on Facebook and Twitter. The charges were dropped five days later. Organisation August 14, 2011 – Updated on January 20, 2016 The blogger Asmaa Mahfouz charged RSF_en Help by sharing this information
Tag Archiv: 上海不准不开心靠谱吗
A 16-year-old girl is recovering after suffering bites from a shark attack off the coast of Florida.Authorities say the girl was boogie boarding in the Atlantic Ocean off Amelia Island on Friday when the shark bit her on the back of the foot.She was able to free herself and returned to the pool area of the resort where she was staying, to meet first responders.The girl was taken to a local hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries to her foot, heel and ankle. She received several stitches.Nassau County Sheriff Bill Leeper cautions that sharks generally like to feed in the morning and late afternoon, and for swimmers to be especially careful during those times.
According to Trump administration data released Tuesday, nearly one million people were taken into custody over the past 12 months for trying to cross illegally.The number of arrests at the border is the highest in the U.S. in the past twelve years.Mark Morgan, the acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said that more than 52,000 migrants were taken into custody in September at U.S. ports of entry and between them.It was a decline of 18 percent from August.Furthermore, he said it was a decline of 18 percent from August.Overall, U.S. border authorities made more than 975,000 arrests during 2019, according to the Trump administration’s latest data.“These are numbers no immigration system in the world is designed to handle,” Morgan said.Arrests by U.S. border agents reached an all-time high of 1.6 million in 2000, but the Department of Homeland Security officials insist that the migration wave they faced this year is unlike anything in the past.
OCEANPORT – A flurry of activity was on the agenda of the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority (FMERA) Nov. 13 for one of their last monthly meetings of 2019. All properties in play are located in the Oceanport section of the former Fort Monmouth. The same evening, FMERA voted to extend Oceanport Partners’ due diligence period on the 14-acre Warehouse/ Post Office parcel for 90 days to complete its investigation of the suitability of the property for redevelopment. Engineering and environmental studies are ongoing, officials said. The firm, which anticipates a total capital investment at that site of over $31.4 million, plans to use it for office, research and related product storage and distribution with a focus on medical, biotechnology and software development within three Class A office buildings. The extension lasts until Feb. 23, 2020. Noting there has been “a lot of trepidation” over the project locally, Coffey said, “RPM has done a lot to assuage our concerns in the past couple of months. We are ready to move forward but will be looking long and hard at it.” OCEANPORT PARTNERS EXPANDS ITS REDEVELOPMENT SCOPE By unanimous vote, FMERA made this 79-acre parcel along the New Jersey Transit railroad tracks and Parkers Creek, within a portion of the Horseneck area, available through its Offer to Purchase Process. Located one-half mile from the Little Silver Train Station, the site is designated for redevelopment as the borough’s “town center” community hub, with mixed uses including residential, retail, commercial and civic/institutional. NURSES QUARTERS 400 AREA Fort Monmouth’s Commissary is among the key former U.S. Army buildings developer Oceanport Partners is in the process of acquiring for redevelopment.Photo courtesy FMERA RPM Development, LLC will invest a minimum of $6.69 million to renovate and reuse the fort’s former 24-unit Nurses Quarters following last week’s unanimous approval of a Purchase and Sale Agreement for the 3.75-acre site. RPM, which purchased and renovated the fort’s former Officers Housing area as the East Gate residential project, now nearing completion, proposes to turn the Nurses Quarters into 24 one- and two-bedroom rental apartments. In addition, 10 three- to four-bedroom owner-occupied townhomes will be constructed. Seven of the apartments will be designated as affordable housing. The plan is subject to FMERA’s mandatory conceptual review and Oceanport’s Planning Board review. By Laura D.C. Kolnoski The bid package should be released next month with a deadline for submissions in late March. IN OTHER NEWS “It’s a fairly major development,” said Bruce Steadman, FMERA executive director. “We are making the Request for Offers to Purchase very broad. We want Oceanport’s approval.” Developer Oceanport Partners, an entity of Denholtz Management Corp., has entered into a Purchase and Sale Agreement to redevelop the fort’s former Commissary and PX (Post Exchange) complex, along with a 6-acre parking area. The firm, which will pay $3 million for the property, is already working toward redeveloping the adjacent former Post Office area and Warehouse District. Oceanport Partners will be responsible for all demolition and associated costs, and its total capital investment will be no less than $23 million, officials said. The Commissary building is slated for rehabilitation. Intended uses include retail, office, recreational, entertainment, craft production, research and development and culinary-related. The company estimates creating 111 part-time and/or full-time permanent jobs within 24 months of the project’s completion or pay a penalty of $1,500 per job not created as per FMERA rules. FMERA has said the parcel is well-suited for the development of “a vibrant, transit-oriented development” with 234 residential units and a Main Street character. Sixty-three buildings on the site, which the U.S. Army used for residences, administrative buildings, warehouses, research and development, and general purpose, are deemed obsolete. Alternative development scenarios will be considered, but all proposals must embody the transit-oriented development concept. “Oceanport can see the finish line at this point,” said Mayor Jay Coffey, a voting FMERA member. “This has been subject of a great volume of discussion in our town. There is no train station here. Horseneck Point residents are anxious to see what comes in and what transpires.” “I reached out to (RPM CEO) Ed Martoglio and tried to outline Oceanport’s concerns,” Steadman said. “Ed was 100 percent willing to take responsibility.” The project is expected to create a minimum of 38 part-time or full-time temporary construction related jobs and a minimum of one full-time or part-time job upon completion, or pay a penalty of $1,500 for each job not created. FMERA bid adieu to its director of real estate development of seven years, David Nuse, but not really. Nuse is returning to the New Jersey Economic Development Authority in Trenton, where he previously worked for 25 years. The EDA oversees FMERA operations. Nuse will remain a presence at FMER A’s monthly meetings, taking on the role of the EDA’s voting representative to the authority’s board. “Our time with Dave has been outstanding,” Steadman said. “He is a man of integrity, character and has legions of fans. He’s done great work here and we’ll miss his daily input.” Nuse said that he plans to stay “deeply involved” in the fort’s redevelopment.
Thirty-year-old taxi driver Steve Hercules from Sisters Village, West Bank Demerara (WBD) on Wednesday denied a $3.7 million theft charge, just one day after he pled guilty to ammunition and false licence plate possession charges. Hercules was one of six men, who were reportedly found with a quantity of firearms and ammunition while travelling in a stolen car, moments after allegedly attempting to commit a robbery last Tuesday on poultry farmer Michael Chang Yuen at Supply, East Bank Demerara (EBD).Steve Hercules and his alleged accomplices were shielding themselves from public view at the Providence Magistrate’s Court earlier this weekHe took the rap and was sentenced to eight years imprisonment and fined $800,000 for the illegal firearm, ammo and false licence plate charges. However, he was taken before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan on even more charges on Wednesday but denied that on March 25, 2018, at Princes Street, Lodge, he stole Shawn Liverpool’s motor car along with cash and other items amounting to $3.7 million.Police said Hercules carried out the brazen attack while being armed with a gun. Hercules who was unrepresented at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts will make his next court appearance on April 30. Meanwhile, his alleged accomplices in the Supply robbery case will next appear at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts on May 10.They are Mark Prince, a taxi driver of La Parfaite Harmonie, WBD; Leonard Khan, an Albouystown, Georgetown fish vendor; Marvin Blackman, a fish vendor of South Ruimveldt, Georgetown; Nabadingi Gobin, of Georgetown; and Edward Skeete of Albouystown. Gobin and Skeete were earlier this year released from a murder charge after a High Court Judge upheld a no-case submission.At Tuesday’s court appearance, the men, with the exception of Hercules, all denied the 10 charges that were read to them. The Prosecution’s case contends that on April 10, 2018, while being in the vicinity of Grove, EBD, they had in their possession six live .32 ammunition, eleven 9mm ammunition, two 9mm black pistols, and a .32 black Taurus pistol.Another charge stated that the men attempted to commit a felony on April 10.Hercules was additionally charged with fraudulent conversion of a vehicle’s identification mark. It was alleged that on April 10, 2018, at Grove, East Bank Demerara, he changed the identification plates of a grey Premio motorcar registered as PVV 6204 to HC 4543. Hercules however denied this charge. In fact, he told the court that a customer of his offered him $50,000 to transport the vehicle on April 10, 2018, to Georgetown from Soesdyke. Hercules said prior to him delivering the vehicle; he was told of the contents therein but still agreed to perform the duty. He further explained that on his way to the city, he collected the five men. The men, he argued, did not know about the gun and ammunition.
A man was arrested in Letterkenny after stealing from a staff room in a local business.A large amount of cash was taken in the burglary which occurred at a property on Church Lane on Tuesday 25th June.CCTV footage revealed the identity of the thief, who was subsequently arrested on Friday last. Gardaí detained the man for questioning at Letterkenny Garda Station.A file is now being prepared for the D.P.P. on the matter. Man arrested following burglary at business staff room was last modified: July 4th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Whether the weather is cold or mild this winter, it is a grim fact that there will be hungry Ohioans in the months ahead. This continues to be a terrible reality for far too many so close to home. Each year 186 million pounds of food are distributed by Ohio foodbanks to those in need around the state.“Hunger is a pervasive reality in the Buckeye state that impacts more than one in six Ohioans,” said Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, executive director, Ohio Association of Foodbanks.Because foodbanks, including the Mid-Ohio Foodbank, can leverage funds effectively, monetary donations are more useful than actual food donations. In fact, for every $1 donated to Mid-Ohio Foodbank, four meals can be provided to our hungry neighbors.With that in mind, Ohio’s Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net are working to raise 10,000 meals at this year’s Farm Science Review. For each $4 donated, a FSR attendee will get to add a scaled-down bushel of corn to a container with the goal of donating funds for 10,000 meals for $2,500. Stop by our building to say “Hello” and help us to feed central Ohio’s hungry residents this winter.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest David Booth Combine Product Specialist with Case IH goes over a quick refresher on adjusting your Case Rotary combine to achieve optimum performance this fall.
Related Posts Tags:#Microsoft#Nokia#smartphones#Windows Phone brian proffitt What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Nokia, the once-“burning platform” mobile devices company, is now seen to be a looked-upon savior for Microsoft. Late Labor Day evening, Microsoft announced it would be acquiring the handset and services business of Nokia, as well as licensing Nokia’s substantial patent portfolio.The all-cash deal shakes out to be €3.79 billion for Nokia’s handset business itself, and an additional €1.65 billion to license the patents, a total of €5.44 billion, which currently equates to $7.17 billion on the exchanges. Nokia will be keeping its networking, mapping and location businesses and technologies. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014.Under the deal, Microsoft will also see the return of its prodigal son: former Microsoft executive turned Nokia CEO Stephen Elop will be rejoining the Microsoft team, along with 32,000 Nokia employees.See also What Microsoft Did And Didn’t Buy With Its Nokia AcquisitionThe timing of this announcement just sets up one more careening move on the Microsoft roller coaster this week, coming very soon after the announced retirement of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and the rise in power of the ValueAct Capital investment group with the Microsoft board in order to avoid a proxy fight.See also Ballmer Announces Retirement As Microsoft CEO and ValueAct To Microsoft: Start Paying Attention To Bottom LineBut while the timing of the Nokia acquisition may have been a surprise, it is also being seen as something that was perhaps a long time coming, ever since that fateful day in February 2011 Nokia’s Elop told his employees in early 2011 that Nokia’s platform was burning and that something had to change. Two days later, Nokia announced a strategic partnership with Microsoft that would ultimately see Nokia dropping work on Android and MeeGo phones in order to pin their smartphone hopes on the Windows Phone platform.But as many analysts and observers have stated time and again since the beginning of the Microsoft/Nokia partnership, the expected success has yet to materialize, with Windows Phone marketshare in the U.S. somewhere around 3%, according to comScore.See also Nokia After the Burning PlatformThe return of Elop to Microsoft’s team sets up speculation that Elop could be a possible successor to Ballmer as Microsoft CEO. It is not known what Elop’s immediate official role will be back at Microsoft.See also Microsoft’s Best Bet For Next CEO Currently Runs Another Giant CompanyMicrosoft has sought in recent months to re-make itself as a “devices and services” company, and picking up Nokia for $7.17 billion is one way to accomplish that goal. But Nokia has failed to make a market impact since Elop started leading in 2010, so how these two companies expect to succeed together when separately they were struggling, even as partners, is anyone’s guess.Image courtesy of Microsoft. Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal Thursday said she is “hurt and sad” that she is yet to receive the Rs.50 lakh cash award promised by the Andhra Pradesh state government for winning the bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics.The 24-year-old, who has skipped the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, congratulated tennis star Sania Mirza for being named the brand ambassador of India’s 29th and newest state Telangana.Saina’s comments came after Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao Tuesday announced a Rs.1 crore cash grant for Sania towards her training.”I am happy to know that sania mirza has become the brand ambassador of telangana and I am proud of telangana but I am very hurt and sad that I have still not received the cash award from my state for the Olympic bronze medal that I won for my country,” tweeted the Hyderabadi.The then chief minister of undivided Andhra Pradesh N. Kiran Kumar Reddy had announced the cash award for Saina while congratulating her personally on winning the Olympic medal.