Southampton winger Lloyd Isgrove extends Barnsley stay

first_img The winger, 22, joined the Sky Bet League One team in October and in 11 appearances has helped to keep them clear of the relegation zone. His original agreement was scheduled to expire on January 3, but he is now expected to play in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Northern Area final against Fleetwood on Saturday. Press Association Southampton’s Lloyd Isgrove has extended his loan deal at Barnsley until January 23.last_img

West Brom tried to provoke us, claims Chelsea keeper Courtois

first_img West Brom twice came from behind to equalise, with James McClean’s late strike earning the visitors a point in a feisty contest where Diego Costa was one of the main protagonists. There were six bookings in the game and Claudio Yacob was promptly substituted by West Brom boss Tony Pulis after avoiding a second yellow card for an off-the-ball trip on Costa. Courtois felt the change was telling. “The first, Pedro wanted to come inside and play the ball, but it took a touch to Gardner and he hit a fantastic shot. “The second came after a free-kick, we tried to head it clear, the ball touched our player and the shot went in the corner again. “They were unlucky and that’s the position we are in at the moment. “They were goals maybe last year we didn’t concede because we were up top, and now they are the kind of goals you concede because you are down there. “We have to keep on fighting, we have Everton now which will be a difficult game as well, but we have to fight for every game and every point.” Chelsea were suspect in defence, but also less than ruthless up front, with Costa among those spurning chances. It was put to interim boss Guus Hiddink that Chelsea will at some point claim a handsome win with the chances they create, something which former boss Jose Mourinho also believed. “We want it to materialise,” Hiddink told Chelsea TV. “That’s my concern, a bit, that we create and we are not finishing it totally off.” Baggies boss Pulis praised Gardner for his impact, after coming on as an early replacement for James Morrison. Scotland midfielder Morrison suffered a hamstring problem, which he had nursed into the game. “Gardner came in and did really well,” Pulis said. “He filled that pocket well and can strike a ball so well. “He’s one of the best pros I’ve worked with. He works with the young players, he’s here early and always has a great attitude.” “I think he (Yacob) should have been sent off,” Courtois said on chelseafc.com. “Their manager took the player off one second after the foul so I think everybody knows that was clear. “We’re very disappointed. It was a game we wanted to win. It was a tough game with them playing only long balls, (playing for) second balls, trying to provoke players. “It was a bit frustrating. We tried to do our best, we came back, but sadly they got the second goal.” Chelsea’s frustrations – and Costa’s in particular – threatened to boil over at full-time, with the Spain striker angrily hitting the perspex tunnel as he left the field. Courtois rued the goals conceded, with Pedro losing possession for Craig Gardner’s effort and Chelsea twice failing to clear before McClean’s leveller. It left the Blues 14th in the table, 12 points adrift of their target of a top-four place ahead of Saturday’s visit of Everton. “They (the goals) were a bit unlucky,” the Belgium goalkeeper added. Press Association Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois criticised West Brom’s approach in Wednesday night’s 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge, claiming the Baggies tried to “provoke” the Blues. last_img read more

Students evacuate Delray Beach middle school due to bomb threat

first_imgA Delray Beach middle school was evacuated following bomb threat, police said.Authorities are currently at Carver Middle School investigating the matter.This story is developing.last_img

FL man survives shark attack in Bahamas

first_imgJonathan Hernandez of Clearwater, Florida is recovering after surviving a shark attack while spearfishing in the Bahamas.Hernandez is sharing his survival story just 11 days after the attack.The incident occurred during a trip of the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas.“I got in the water, started shooting some fish, and that’s when it happened,” Hernandez said. “Just out of nowhere, I got hit from behind. It felt like the boat ran me over. I looked to my left side, and I could see the shark right there in my face.”Hernandez told FOX13 that he went into “defense mode” after he felt the shark bite into his calf by using his long blades to kick away from the animal and repeatedly punching what appeared to be a swirl of white water.Hernandez escaped back to the boat where the crew jumped into action in crucial seconds he says were a matter of life and death.“We put the tourniquet on immediately. We put on one, we put on another, we were using weight belts, we were using what we had,” Hernandez said. “It’s a pain and a feeling I can’t describe.”A tourniquet is a device which applies pressure to a limb or extremity to limit, but not stop, the flow of blood.Hernandez was quickly stitched up in the Bahamas, flown to Tampa, and underwent surgery at St. Joseph’s Hospital.He credits the tourniquet for having survived the attack and is now urging every boater learn how to use it and always to have one aboard.“That’s the single biggest factor of why I’m still here,” Hernandez said about the tourniquet. “Be prepared, have the right gear on the boat, make sure you know where it’s at, and have the basic knowledge to use it because you never know when you’re going to need it.”Hernandez noted he was grateful to survive as others were not as fortunate.In late June, 21-year-old Jordan Lindsey of California was killed by three sharks while vacationing with her family in the Bahamas.last_img read more

Reports: Iran Has Breached Uranium Enrichment Limits, Breaking 2015 Deal

first_imgIran has started increasing uranium enrichment beyond the purity threshold to which it agreed in a 2015 nuclear deal, the Iranian government announced Sunday.The move comes after President Donald Trump withdrew from the deal and re-introduced economic sanctions last year.Iran announced in May that it was partially withdrawing from the deal. Sunday marked the end of a 60-day ultimatum that country gave to the European nations that were part of the deal to ease sanctions on its banking and oil sectors.Officially called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the nuclear accord was supposed to limit Iran’s civilian nuclear program, and to prevent it from developing nuclear weapons.Iran had agreed to keep uranium enrichment to below 3.67 percent, a level which is enough to provide power to parts of the country, but not nearly enough to build a nuclear bomb.At the time, Iran also agreed to reduce the number of its centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium, by two-thirds, and to reduce its stockpile of enriched uranium by 98 percent.Iran’s Foreign Minister Javad Zarif on Sunday sent a letter to the European Union’s foreign representative Federica Mogherini to inform her of the action, adding, “We will give an additional 60 days of time starting today before taking further steps.”A spokesperson for the European Union says the bloc is “extremely concerned at Iran’s announcement. We strongly urge Iran to stop and reverse all activities inconsistent with its commitments under the JCPOA … we are in contact with the other JCPOA participants regarding the next steps.”The International Atomic Energy Agency says its inspectors will verify Iran’s announcement. Fredrik Dahl, the agency’s spokesman, added, “We are aware of Iran’s announcement related to its uranium enrichment level. IAEA inspectors in Iran will report to our headquarters as soon as they verify the announced development.”The 2015 deal came about after two years of negotiations by the U.S., China, France, Germany, Russia and the United Kingdom.Neither the White House nor President Trump have commented.last_img read more

Two arrested in connection with the shooting death of a teen in a restaurant parking lot

first_imgOfficials in Miami have arrested two suspects in connection with the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old in a restaurant parking lot.The shooting occurred around 2:45 a.m., Sunday in the parking lot of 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant at 1395 NW 57th Ave.According to the report, two groups of people began arguing in the parking lot when someone from one of the groups threw a bottle at the other group. That’s when someone from the other group went to a vehicle, grabbed a riffle and fired two warning shots into the ground. Another person from the group then grabbed the gun and began firing into the crowd.16-year-old Ana Alvarez-Hernandez who was one of the bystanders, was struck by a bullet as she ran for cover. Her boyfriend and friends rushed her to the hospital where she later died.Authorities say no one from the scene contacted them about the shooting and it was only after the hospital staff called them that they were made aware of the incident.After an investigation in which authorities asked for the public’s help, authorities announced the arrest of 20-year-old Loidel Gomez-Rouco and 22-year-old Mario Pedro Conley-Hernandez . While investigators reported that neither Gomez-Rouco or Conley-Hernandez fired the weapon, they did advise the gunman to flee the country to avoid being arrested.Authorities say the person who fired the fatal shot went home unaware that he killed someone but has since left the country after being advised to do so by the arrested suspects.Gomez-Rouco and Conley-Hernandez were charged with accessory after the fact.last_img read more

Pelosi Meets with AOC Behind Closed Doors

first_imgHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi is playing down reports of a rift with New York Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.She had a private half-hour meeting with the freshman Democrat this morning and was asked if the two buried the hatchet.Pelosi said, “There never was any hatchet.” She called the meeting very positive and said Ocasio-Cortez is very gracious.If Pelosi joins with AOC, and the freshman democrat “kisses the ring” this is the furthest left the party has ever been which President Donald Trump believes helps his chances to win reelection in 2020. Pelosi held a press conference after the meeting.Speaker Pelosi responds to Mueller’s warning on Russian interference: “The president calls this a hoax and Sen. McConnell refuses to act.””This is about patriotism for our country…and yet the Republicans still continue to say no need to protect that.” https://t.co/vRPssxdSSO pic.twitter.com/sLs5li8FVw— ABC News (@ABC) July 26, 2019last_img

No More Anthem-Kneeling for Stills in Dolphin Uniform, TRADED

first_imgThe Texans are trading two first-round picks plus a second-rounder to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for left tackle Laremy Tunsil and wide receiver Kenny Stills, per sources informed of the deal.The Dolphins also receive special teamer Johnson Bademosi and offensive lineman Julie’n Davenport in the deal, while the Texans recoup fourth- and sixth-round picks, per the NFL.Stills appeared on his way out of Miami following open critiques of owner Stephen Ross hosting a fundraiser for President Donald Trump and criticizing hip-hop mogul Jay-Z’s social justice partnership with the NFL. In discussing his reasoning for playing eight straight Jay-Z songs at a camp practice after Stills’ comments, Dolphins coach Brian Flores cited the receiver’s disappointing play.All the signs had pointed to the Dolphins potentially cutting Stills. Instead, they jettisoned him a package with Tunsil to Houston. A massive trade and good riddance….Dolphins are trading LT Laremy Tunsil and WR Kenny Stills to Texans for “huge package of picks”, per @RapSheet (h/t @brgridiron) pic.twitter.com/7cdeV5p3Iz— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 31, 2019last_img read more

Convicted child molester and rapist accidentally released from Georgia prison

first_imgOfficials in Georgia are alerting the public after an inmate who was convicted for the molestation and rape of a child was accidentally released from prison.According to the report, inmate Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released from the Rogers State Prison in Reidsville, Georgia on Friday.Officials are using all of their resources to locate Munoz-Mendez, however, they have not located him as of Monday afternoon.*Press Release* Inmate Escape / Release in Error–> https://t.co/PfDoGg2JP1 pic.twitter.com/X6VEAVAujm— Georgia Corrections (@GA_Corrections) October 28, 2019 Authorities are advising those who may encounter Munoz-Mendez  not to engage him but to instead contact your local police department.If you have any information about Munoz-Mendez’ location, you can also call 478-992-5111.last_img

Florida’s minimum wage increase will take effect Jan. 1, 2020

first_imgFlorida’s minimum wage is about to increase come 2020.Florida’s 2019 minimum wage rate is $8.46. ($5.44 for tipped employees).According to the state’s Department of Economic Opportunity the newest calculation will bump up wages 1.12%, or a dime, to $8.56 per hour ($5.54 for tipped employees) in 2020.Florida is one of eight states that automatically increase rates based on the annual cost of living calculations.last_img