7 January 2013 President Jacob Zuma has authorised the deployment of 400 South African National Defence Force (SANDF) soldiers to the Central African Republic (CAR), his office said on Sunday. The deployment to the civil war-torn country is part of South Africa’s efforts to bring about peace and stability in the region. The deployment will end on 31 March. “The employed members of the SANDF will assist with capacity building of the CAR Defence Force and will also assist CAR with the planning and implementation of the disarmament, demobilisation and reintegration processes,” the Presidency said in a statement. On 31 December, Zuma sent Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula to the Central African Republic to assess the situation, which remains tense after the Seleka rebel coalition launched an armed campaign on 10 December. The rebels, who accuse President Francois Bozize of reneging on the 2008 Libreville Comprehensive Peace Agreement signed by the government and the country’s three main rebel groups, and of cracking down on dissidents, have taken 10 northern and central towns in their advance on the capital, Bangui. The South African government has urged all parties to immediately cease hostilities, withdraw from the captured cities and cease any further advances towards Bangui. As a member of the African Union, South Africa said it rejected any attempt to seize power by force, and therefore supported sanctions and other measures against the perpetrators of any unconstitutional change of government. “We call on all parties to seek a peaceful solution by engaging constructively in political dialogue,” the Department of International relations said in a statement last week. “We welcome the reaffirmation by CAR President Francois Bozize to work towards a negotiated solution to the current crisis.” Source: SANews.gov.za – Xinhua
Tag Archiv: 江苏夜生活论坛最新
8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Tags:#news#web YouTube announced today that in conjunction with CNN the site is now offering an opportunity for users to submit and vote on questions for world leaders to be asked at next week’s UN Climate Change Conference.It’s the first use of the Digg-like Google Moderator on YouTube and the whole endeavor looks a lot like the Digg Dialogue series with leaders and celebrities. Can events like this draw a significant crowd to hear about the issues? How do crowd-voted questions stack up against questions thought up by expert journalists? Can anything YouTube and CNN do prevent the tides from rising so far that these become academic questions in short order? Stay tuned to find out.It’s very nice to see YouTube leveraging its audience to try to prevent the displacement of hundreds of millions of people and the degradation of all life on earth. Hopefully there will be a big ad on the front page pointing to the campaign. It’s not hard to imagine other very large websites doing something similar. It could make a difference! Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting marshall kirkpatrick Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…
Taking strong exception to road blockades staged by college students over attendance mandate, West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee has asserted the government will be forced to take action if the agitators cause inconvenience to public for “personal benefit”. A large number of students from two institutes — Shibnath Shastri College and Heramba Chandra College — had take to the streets on Thursday and Friday to protest against the Calcutta University mandate of 60% minimum attendance for appearing in the examinations. The students from Heramba Chandra College blocked thoroughfares in Golpark area for two consecutive days, demanding immediate relaxation of the norms. The protest was also backed by students of Gurudas College and Jaipuria College, who demonstrated outside their campuses. The Education Minister said the government will not succumb to the pressure tactics of the students.“Many people were inconvenienced as they (students) blocked the roads to get their demands fulfilled. This is unacceptable,” Mr. Chatterjee had said. Earlier this year, the CU authorities had asked all affiliated colleges to ensure strict compliance of the directive. A list of non-eligible students was recently published at Heramba Chandra College, triggering the agitation.Mr. Chatterjee pointed out that the State Education department has fixed 60% attendance as the criterion, even as the UGC suggested 75% attendance for higher educational institutions. Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad, the students’ wing of the ruling party, appealed to the Minister to find a “way out of the deadlock” to restore normality in the institutes.
The West Bengal Pollution Control Board (WBPCB) has put in place an action plan to tackle the air pollution in the city, an official said.The Air Quality Index in several automated air monitoring stations in the city had hovered between 200 and 350 (PM 2.5) in the first week of November, which was categorised as ‘moderate’ and ‘poor’ but then improved substantially as Cyclone Bulbul lashed the city and washed away the particulate matters in air for next few days. A WBPCB statement said on Friday, although the levels of PM 2.5 during summer and monsoon remain within the prescribed standards, it exceeds during the winter months due to various factors and an air quality action plan has been put in place to address the situation. An Air Quality Index from 0-100 (PM 2.5) is considered satisfactory and within prescribed limits. The WBPCB statement attributed road dust as “having contributed substantially to air pollution” in recent times and said the WBPCB has provided ₹6 crore to Kolkata Municipal Corporation for procurement of 10 water sprinkling vehicles. Ten ‘mechanical sweeping vehicles’ which will sweep dust from road in a mechanised manner will also be procured by KMC for containing dust, the statement said. Three water sprinkling vehicles, apart from the 10 to be procured later, are already being put in service by the WBPCB in the eastern parts of the city from Friday, a WBPCB official said. All these water sprinkling vehicles and mechanical sweeping vehicles, when together put in service, will cover the airport to Garia stretch via EM Bypass, Garia to Tollygunje Phari, Tollygunje to Rashbehari via Mominpur, Thakurpukur to Taratala via Behala, Esplanade to Shyambazar, Dunlop to Chiria More, the official said. The water sprinklers will help in a great way to contain particulate matters gathering in air and bring down air pollution to a great extent, he added.
Roger Pogoy. PBA IMAGESMuch-maligned after his apparent low-blow against Arwind Santos in Game 2, Roger Pogoy shared that he has already extended his apologies to his fellow Tamaraw.“That’s over with. I don’t have any comment on that. I already apologized to kuya Arwind,” he said in Filipino.ADVERTISEMENT Pogoy shrugged off his bad shooting and insisted that his main job is to be one of the KaTropa’s defensive anchors.“My role here in this team is to do the defense and the little things. The points I get are just bonuses. I want to do my role here in the team so that we can win,” he said.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games LATEST STORIES 1 dead in Cavite blast, fire World’s 50 Best Restaurants launches new drinking and dining guide Heart Evangelista admits she’s pregnant… with chicken Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Jeff Horn has ’10-point plan’ to upset Pacquiao Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ What ‘missteps’? “Maybe it’s just bad game. They were really closing out on me. Before, they are letting me shoot and they’re challenging everything. I’ll make up for it next game,” he said.TNT coach Nash Racela also isn’t losing sleep with Pogoy’s poor two-game stretch, noting that though, the FEU standout has been missing his shots, he’s still able to contribute in other ways.“It’s okay as long as he’s making the right decisions and taking the shots that he needs to take. If he’s open, it’s okay. If it doesn’t go in, there’s no problem,” Racela said.“I think it’s the same with (Marcio) Lassiter. He was struggling a little bit but he was taking the right shots. Today, he contributed, starting hitting his shots. So it is what it is.”For his part, Pogoy noted that more than his offense, it’s his defense which is counted more in the KaTropa camp as he expects a tougher battle against the likes of Lassiter, Alex Cabagnot, and Chris Ross come Game 4 on Wednesday.ADVERTISEMENT The TNT rookie has put the incident behind him but things haven’t been going well for him in the finals since.For the second straight game, Pogoy was held scoreless two games after having a career performance in Game 1.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutAnd t’s no surprise that the KaTropa yielded Game 3 to the Beermen, 109-97, with Pogoy dealing with major offensive woes.Pogoy is currently 0-of-13 from the field after exploding for 27 points in the finals opener. WATCH: Firefighters rescue baby seal found in parking garage